Re: best source for Aldens by mail-order?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on July 28, 1999 at 10:00:18:

In Reply to: Re: best source for Aldens by mail-order? posted by Adios Satipo on July 28, 1999 at 08:20:43:

: : Hi,

: : I'm wanting to get a pair of Alden #405 boots, but I haven't yet found an Alden dealer in the area. I've been bouncing through the internet emailing different Alden dealers, but no one's returned an email to date.

: : Does anyone have a recommended dealer for Aldens, and their price? How much is too much to pay? What price is a good price?

: : Thanks,

: : Leslie

: I went through their San Francisco store and ordered by phone. They were very helpful. The #405's run about 1/2 size large, so if you wear an 11 1/2, they'll suggest going with an 11 - and they're right. Mine were $190, + $15 for 2 day UPS - they actually ship from the Massachusetts facility.

: Best shoes of ANY kind I've ever owned. More comfortable then my Nike's. Well worth the $205, but if you can get cheaper then more power to you!

Also, if you call the Alden's main number, available from the Indy Gear or Indy Digg's page, they'll be able to tell you the closest location of a dealer near you that sells ORTHOPEDIC Aldens. Specify the ortopedic version, as Aldens has two completely different divisions, and the 405 is from that section. I ordered mine from through a local podiatrist, so there should be someone close to you. Add my vote to the one above as they're the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned, and I've owned Rockports. These are better. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]