Disney Jacket for Youths...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Adios Satipo from 149.82.21.162 on July 28, 1999 at 12:52:02:

In Reply to: Re: Indy jackets for Youths... posted by Andrea on July 27, 1999 at 14:23:04:

: : : Hi I am getting an Indy jacket for my birthday and christmas gift. I was looking at the wested site and I know that everyone likes it the best, but I am looking for the cheapest one. Some of you think I'm poor but, I'm only 13 and there isn't exactly a place for a thirteen year old kid in Fond du Lac, WI where a kid can get a job to pay for a jacket. I would appreciate replys from the members of the forum.
: : : P.s. some of you have any Indy figures you want to sell.

: : : Eric

: : For somebody who likely has a bit more growing to do, I don't know if I would go for the Wested right now. Wait until your 18-20? It would be a shame to get only a year or two out of it - especially at $300 after adding up everything.

: : You may want to check another alternative. The only place I've ever seen Indy jackets for young people is (suprise) Disneyland at the Indiana Jones Adventure Outpost. And, as luck would have it, I am taking my family there next week and am planning on buying one for my son. If memory serves, they cost $145 - about half the price of the adult jacket. They are leather. I do not recall how accurate they are, but will be happy to give you a full report when I get back - probably the second week of August.

: : If you choose to go that way, you can purchase the jacket directly from Disneyland by calling "DelivEARS" at 1-800-362-4533. Through this service, you can buy any of the merchandise sold in the park. There will be a delivery charge - about $20 with either FedEx or UPS 4 day delivery. No sales tax if you are outside of California. When you call the number, you will be on hold for a bit, so be patient.

: : I'll let you know how they look!

: : Adios Satipo

: Quick note about the Disney Indy jacket at the Indiana Jones Outpost in Disneyland: these jackets are in ADULT sizes (and it runs about one size larger than the label says). I've never seen smaller licenced versions of the Indy jacket; take heed, Eric, you shall grow quickly!

: Andrea

In addition to the adult jackets, Disney also sell an Indy jacket specifically made for youths. These are made by a completely different vendor, and if memory serves me, are more accurate then the current adult jacket offered. The adult jacket costs $295, while the kids jacket cost $145. Both are leather and satin lined. I've confirmed this with Disneyland. If I can convince my wife, we're going to pick one up for my son next week when we go on vacation.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]