Re: ToD Westeds vs. French Replica

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Adios Satipo from 149.82.21.162 on July 28, 1999 at 15:33:22:

In Reply to: ToD Westeds vs. French Replica posted by Andrea on July 28, 1999 at 13:36:43:

: What are the scenes in which discrepencies are noticeable between the Wested and French replica?

: Many Thanx!

You know, I asked the same question.

It IS clear that the jacket in ToD has more differences from my Wested Raiders jacket then just a bit of length. The pocket size and shape as well as the placement and length of the side straps - these are ALL different from the Wested Raiders I own and from the Jacket I see in Raiders.

The thing is, in EVERY scene of ToD where I can even vaguely make out the straps or pockets, they are the same; smaller and more square pockets, side straps shorter and attached well away from the handwarmer slits, side strap buckle tab attached to outside of jacket rather then sewn into the seam. I believe the same jacket configuration is used throughout the movie. I also believe it has more differences from the original Raiders jacket then just length. It is clearly not a Cooper, however, as the left-side zipper gives away the Eurpoean manufacture.

Maybe my wife is right - I am too anal.

"Adios Satipo..."

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: