Re: A matter of opinion...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on July 29, 1999 at 09:49:16:

In Reply to: A matter of opinion... posted by ROB T. on July 28, 1999 at 04:27:42:

: I've said before on this forum that "Raiders" is my favorite of the three Indy films and that I'm kinda lukewarm on the other two; they're good films and if they didn't have to compare with "Raiders," maybe I'd like them better.
: A lot of people on this site have said they like "Temple of Doom" or "Last Crusade" better. My question is why? For me, I don't see anything about these two that compares with the first.
: The script for "Raiders" is letter perfect. The acting is wonderful and the action intense. The laughs flow out of the scene very naturally.
: The villains are better.
: The heroine is better.
: Indy is cooler.
: Marcus is cooler here than in "Last Crusade."
: Sallah is cooler here than in "Last Crusade."
: Everything about "Raiders" is head and shoulders above the other two films combined.
: So what are you guys seeing in "Temple of Doom" and "Last Crusade" that I'm not seeing?

: Please someone tell me?!?!

I'll have to say I have a warm spot for each of the three movies, but for different reasons. Of course, Raiders simply because it was the first, and the most difficult to obtain ANYTHING in terms of items and information. I worked harder on that one for scraps, as the internet did not exist, and we fans were on our own. The second, Temple of Dooom, simply because of the flood of products that were available, from the fedoras to mouth wash, absolutely everything had an Indy connection in the marke. We thought we had died and gone to heaven after the desert we had to cross due to Raiders slim pickings. And Last Crusade, as it was the first one my youngest daughter and I went to see together, and to this day it pleases me to watch it, as it was the first time my family looked at the hobby and recognized it as one that had basis, not just something that old dad was lost in the head over. No particular favorites or in any particular order, they each one have their own place in my collection of memories. Regards. Michaleson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]