Re: Competition with The Infernal Machine

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean from iah17-38-99.barrie.connex.net on July 30, 1999 at 11:52:40:

In Reply to: Competition with The Infernal Machine posted by Goodsport on July 30, 1999 at 11:38:20:

: I guess we've known for a while now that LucasArt's PC game Indiana Jones and The Infernal Machine should be hitting stores this November. But guess what...

: It turns out that Tomb Raider IV: The Last Revelation will be hitting the stores at about the same time (gee, what a coincidence on the timing, eh? :) ).

: Will this hurt sales for The Infernal Machine, or will the popularity of each prop up the other? And how similiar (or different) do you think one game will be from the other?

:
: -G

Well...I've been an Indy fan as long as I have been a gamer, I still fondly remember busting up my Atari 2600 joysticks playing `Raiders...' BUT if Tomb Raider III is any indication, `Infernal Machine' should have no trouble dominating. I don't care how popular the Tomb Raider franchise is - from a marketing perspective Indiana Jones is more recognizable, albeit maybe not to young kids these days...Lucasarts is sitting on something good I think. Tomb Raider III was rushed to stores for last Christmas, and consequently suffered. Plus, it had no story to it. I still think that `Infernal Machine' should be delayed until the Playstation 2 debuts. I can only imagine how great it would look on that system.
Cheers,
Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: