Thanks for the help!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Adios Satipo from 149.82.21.162 on July 30, 1999 at 12:59:02:

In Reply to: Re: Making a whip holder posted by Indiana on July 30, 1999 at 11:45:11:

: : I'm going to make my own whip holder, but dont really know how long the piece of leather should be. Input anybody?

: : Also, has anybody used anything other then a snap to secure the holder?

: : Thanks!

: : Adios Satipo

:
: I have two whip holders, one from Borden's, Boots, and Leather and one from Noel Howard at M.B.A. Costumes. The Noel Howard whip holder is considerably longer than Borden's, about 14 inches altogether. The Borden's whip holder is about 11 1/2 inches long. They're both fine except the Noel Howard whip holder is made of stronger leather and is doubled over on the buttons. Any whip holder shorter than 11 1/2 inches or longer than 14 inches, in my opinion, just wouldn't work.

: Noel Howard is a delight to do business with and his product is top of the line, so if you give up on making your own, Noel Howard is the way to go.

: Fellow Indiana Jones fanatic,
: Indiana

Thanks for the feedback!

It's funny - I sat down and tried to figure out how long the strip of leather had to be, and it came to at least 11 inches, and preferably 14.5. I plan to get some strap leather from a local saddlery. I bought the leather for by bag strap from them, and had no problems making it using some Chicago screws. The whole thing cost $6. I figure the whip holder ought to be about $3-$4.

Again, thanks for the help!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]