Re: Just got some Alden Boots

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Forrestall from spider-pa073.proxy.aol.com on July 30, 1999 at 18:19:02:

In Reply to: Just got some Alden Boots posted by California Jones on July 30, 1999 at 13:52:25:

: I just picked up my Alden's yesterday at the Alden store in San Francisco yesterday. I have allready received a lot of compliments from people who don't even know their illustrious history. They are beautifully made and very comfortable. The salesman, Jim Smith, was great. He measured both of my feet and then ordered two different sizes so that I could try them both on to get a perfect fit. I know you all don't have that luxury, but I definitely appreciated it.

: The boots feel and look great. At first, I must admit that I did not like the white stitching on top, but in one day they have allready darkened some from walking around. At $190, they ain't cheap, but well worth it. I work in a business casual environment, and they fit right in. They look so nice, I don't have the heart to "age" them with sandpaper.

: I am also waiting for my Wested jacket. Ordered it two weeks ago, so should be here soon. I have had the Cooper for 10 years now. I also ordered a leather Webley holster from that military supply co. Next month, it is shirt, bag and pants! I'm gonna be ready for adventuring soon!

: Cheers!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]