"You're Out Of Touch, My Baby..."

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Thuggee Bear from host-209-214-176-33.cae.bellsouth.net on July 31, 1999 at 11:59:52:

Has anyone seen the new Inspector Gadget film, or at least the preview? I had only seen the cartoon a few times as a kid, yet the very first time I saw the preview, even I knew they had screwed up. My girlfriend and I both turned and said, "Why are they showing Claw's face?" Then, I was watching Roger Ebert's review of it last week, and he mentioned that he had went on the internet, and learned that the fans were really upset about this decision to show the villian, (who was always hidden in the cartoon).

It's amazing that filmmakers don't keep in touch with the fans, especially when all they have to do is go online and be in direct contact while maintaining complete anonymity. Even the networks are already doing this with fans of their tv shows, and even taking suggestions.

I understand that it wouldn't be wise to heed all of the fans ideas, (since we're all deranged anyway), but it's ridiculous when they do something that outrages the fans and then act totally surprised. Just think about all the recent films that could have been huge hits, if the studio only had any idea of what the subject matter was, (The Avengers, Batman and Robin, etc.)

If Lucas would just realize how many fake/fan scripts for Indy IV there already are, maybe, seeing the demand, he'd hurry the hell up and make it! I hope that he and others will get over their fan-phobias, some of which is warranted, and take the time to learn what it is that connects us to these creations.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]