I must say I've had it with Tessa also...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ROB T. from 162.10.138.28 on August 02, 1999 at 04:30:49:

In Reply to: I understand nobody's frustration because... posted by Indy Jones Fan on August 01, 1999 at 20:53:19:

We've all occasionally played a little fast and loose with the rule against submitting a non-topic post but no one has done this to the degree that Tessa does. It seems that all of her posts fall into two catagories; her fanfiction or her personal life. I'm starting to get the impression that all Tessa cares about is Tessa. Several people have said that they don't want to hear about her personal life and yet she continues, on a daily basis, to subject us to every detail.
But even with that, I wouldn't be so bothered if so much of what she posts didn't ring false. A lot of her diatribes are contridicted by earlier posts or are so fantastical that they can't possibly be true.
Here are some examples.
In one post he claims to speak four languages yet a few weeks earlier she posted that it was three languages she spoke and that it was her husband that speaks four.
She posted one day that she'd shed 55 pounds since having her baby and then a few days later the figure was magically changed to 70 pounds.
If you put all the posted details of Tessa's life together they just don't add up.
According to her she suffered from alcoholism, drug abuse and an eating disorder from the age of 13 to about 20. Yet at the tender age of 22 she claims to have earned two Masters degrees. If she entered college at 18 then she got two Masters degrees in four years while drinking, drugging and somewhere in there got married and had a kid. When did she have time to study? When did she have time to raise her son?
She also made the fantastical claim to being a computerized genius (whatever that is) and having a 196 IQ. I assume she meant that she is a computer genius but if she has a 196 IQ then she shouldn't have made this mistake. By the way, 196 would put her up there with the greatest minds of all human history. From reading her posts on this site I'm sure I'm not the only one who doubts that she's that sharp. I never once got the impression that she was anything above normal intelligence.
Then she made the crazy remark that she fought a bear and was knocked down not only a cliff but also a waterfall and broke her leg in two places. How come this adventure never came up when someone asked about any real-life Indy adventures we'd had. She was quick to post that she'd been skydiving and mountain climbing and even defended herself when it was pointed out that these aren't legitimate Indy adventures but she never once mentioned the encounter with the bear. Curious?
Lastly is her uncommon vagueness with details about her supposed job offer from Lucasfilm. We had heard that she was flying out there for a meeting and she claimed it was down to her and a couple of other people. Then we didn't hear another word about it except to say a few weeks later that it didn't work out. I'm sure all the folks on this forum would've liked to hear about any meeting she had with anyone from Lucasfilm even if it didn't work out. I was skeptical from the start since she claimed the job was for her writing. From what we've seen on this forum, Tessa is only a mediocre writer and certainly hasn't shown that she has anything that would impress a professional outfit like Lucasfilm.
I was content to keep my mouth shut about all of this until Tessa took the low road in defending herself against Nobody and made even more self-serving claims and so many people on this forum seem to take her at face value. We must all remember that the Web is a haven for liars because of the anonimity it presents. When you're hidden in your own house and there's no chance of being found out many people find it easy to imbellish the details of their lives. No one on this forum really knows anyone else and you should remember that before you buy into what someone posts.
I would just ask Tessa to keep her posts relevant to what this forum is about. Anyone who wants to hear about her personal life should send her their E-mail address and she can update them every times she gets the hiccups and the rest of us can be spared the details.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]