Agreed. Good call Micah. nm

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by walker from 38.152.176.175 on August 02, 1999 at 05:39:25:

In Reply to: To: Tessa and Nobody (and interested parties) posted by Micah on August 01, 1999 at 17:26:01:

: I have the ability to block "nobody," but I don't think his actions thus far merit complete banishment from the forum. He actually contributes to Indy discussion, and only seems to get nasty on one particular issue. Now we are all fully aware that he doesn't care about the personal details of the people here on the Forum. The point has been made, now let's put this ugliness behind us. Nobody, don't make any more "personal attack" posts, and everything will be fine. However, you have been given fair warning. One more such post and I will block your IP.

: Tessa, it doesn't help matters to start a new thread telling nobody that you "know where he lives," or continuing the argument in the insulting thread. When dealing with troublemakers that the best course of action is to ignore their posts. Following up their post with threats only prolongs the pointless argument, ultimately to no resolution.

: Sharing personal information with random people on the internet is a crap shoot. Some will care, others won't. When you wear your heart on your sleeve, you're bound to get it stomped on every once in a while, especially in this form of communication. With no face-to-face communication, emotions tend to get more intense because there is no threat of immediate retribution, physical or otherwise. (Sorry, I'm theorizing here... I'm not a psychiatrist :) )

: Well, anyway, let's just be civil and get back to talking Indy...

: --Micah

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]