Some notes on measurements.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Adios Satipo from 149.82.21.162 on August 03, 1999 at 10:29:42:

In Reply to: Re: Measurements ? posted by California Jones on August 03, 1999 at 08:46:22:

: Go to a men's clothing store and ask them to do it for you. Most of them are pretty nice about it, if you explain the situation to them. They measured everything for me with no hassle. I would NOT count on your own measurements for something this important.

Some notes on measurements: On sleeve length - Peter doesn't use the same measurement you would use for a dress shirt, i.e. from the center of the collar at the base of the neck at the spine to the shoulder tip and to the cuff. He relies on the shoulder tip to shoulder tip measurement to determine width, with the sleeve length being from the shoulder tip to the cuff. It is important in getting the to measurements correct in relation to one another, as you can end up with a fit that just doesn't look right.

For myself, I have a relatively narrow shoulder structure, but large chest and arms and a narrow waist. When I buy a suit, I pay through the nose for alterations. For Peter it was a breeze. To him I'm simply a 48 regular, -1 inch on the shoulders, +0.5 inch on the length, 25-inch sleeves, drop the armpit 1-inch. With that, the jacket fits perfectly. I wish it were that simple for my suits!

Get the measurements from a tailor, but if you can, find out what the standard measurements are for the basic size you are going to get from Peter. Compare these to what you get from the tailor and to a well fitting jacket you already own.

Good Luck!

Adios Satipo

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: