Re: What do you want in Indy IV? YOU ARE RIGHT

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Vince... from 1Cust14.tnt11.alameda.ca.da.uu.net on August 03, 1999 at 10:37:43:

In Reply to: What do you want in Indy IV? posted by Thuggee Bear on August 03, 1999 at 09:53:32:

: I was watching Raiders again last night, and thought about all the rumours of part 4. There's been talk of brothers, a son, Willie's daughter, etc. What if instead of trying to add more, they returned to the fast pace of the original? I think a movie gets too crowded when they start adding too many characters in the sequels, and it reduces the screen time of the main character, as in the Batman series.

: I always wanted Indy's dad and Sallah back, but now that they can't get Marcus back, maybe they should let Crusade be the closing chapter for that aspect. I think that was a great ending, having them ride off into the sunset. If they had made part 4 sooner, they could have set it in 1937, so that they wouldn't feel obliged to include them.

: Indy's unique in that we learn more about him through the sequels than we do in the original. Now that his character has been fleshed out, though, they should take advantage of that and return to the Saturday matinee style of the original.

:
: PS. I also realized how Raiders just never gets old, does it? What a great film. I really get tired of reading how Spielberg doesn't consider it a "real" film. How he doesn't think it's good enough to be compared with his serious fare. Personally, I think Indy will be around a lot longer in everyone's memories than the majority of his attempts to get away from big blockbusters. (E.T. still rules that heap any day.)

Raiders never ever gets old.And E.T. was the first movie I could remember seeing as a young child.

In Indy 4 I would like to see more nazis,cliff hanging parts.But they should at least have Sallah back and maybe Connery but you are right about too many characters,they just seem to get in the way.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]