Re: What's your favorite rumoured script?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ROB T. from 162.10.138.28 on August 04, 1999 at 03:52:08:

In Reply to: What's your favorite rumoured script? posted by Thuggee Bear on August 03, 1999 at 13:55:26:

The only one of the rumoured scripts I've read (and I only read part of it) was the sons of darkness one and I wasn't impressed.
I don't want them to bring back Marion or Willie or Dad or introduce Indy's kids and Dear God, no long lost brother.
I don't want Sean Connery to return. I thought that whole Don't-call-me-Junior thing was pretty tired.
Sallah would be great to see again but only if he's like the Sallah in "Raiders." They kinda dumbed him down for "Last Crusade." Not to the level that they screwed up Marcus but bad enough.
I like the Nazis as villains but I want them to be menacing and dangerous like Toht was in "Raiders." I thought the Nazis in "Last Crusade" weren't scary enough.
I don't know what relic I'd like to see Indy go after. It doesn't matter as much to me as whether they can do the characters right. I want to see Indy face a foe who is his equal and maybe even someone who is tougher and smarter than him. I liked the fact that in "Raiders" Belloq was as good as Indy at archeology and since we see him defeat Indy at the beginning we know that he's a worthy adversary.
Keep that aspect and make the action mindblowing and be careful that the humor doesn't come at the expense of the characters dignity and I think we'd have a winner.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]