Got my Noel Howard Indy shirt and belts...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian from hide14.nhs.uk on August 04, 1999 at 05:21:52:

They arrived yesterday, so got them last night.

Ok, a quick run-down of things.

I also got the brown and khaki web belts - distressed. These look great. The khaki is almost like tan, which I think perfectly matches the LC belt. THe brown belt is perfect for Raiders & TOD. THe buckle is aged but I think the actual webbing may have had something done to it because it doesn't feel new. The end hangs properly like Indy's. It's not stiff and the colour is slightly faded compared to the new ones I have.

Ok the shirt. First off - the colour is not quite as "stone / khaki" as I thought it would be. It's more of a very light sand / beige. It does look more like the Raiders shirt than say LC. Detail is perfect. The two pleats are in place (actual pleats, not "extra" strips sewn on like I thought and which works too), the epaulettes are there (longer than the fashion shirts currently circulating). As far as I recall, although I never checked, the epaulettes can be unbottoned). The pockets are perfect too. The right shape and size. The buttons are a medium browny colour with a hint of green. Very difficult to describe but they do look acceptable. Again, not as khaki as the ones in the films seem. The actual fit of the shirt (yeah, I tried it on, so now I'm a freak!), is excellent. I ordered a medium, which has a 15-15.5in collar (i think, check the chart). Normally a medium would be very generous on me but this fits very neatly. I notice that the shirt is a neat fit on Indy too though. Beware, there's not much room for expansion! The collar size fits perfect too. The cloth is a very light cotton poplin. Not what I expected. The material is new so the look is very stiff. Even if you're not planning on wearing it, I'd wash it a few times to give a more broken in look. Just don't mix with colours!!!

I might be able to get pics posted sometime via a video camera but it's getting the time to do it.

In the meantime I'll gladly and patiently answer any questions or concerns anyone has.

But if you can afford one - get it. It's THE ONLY SHIRT that looks like Indy's you'll ever get. Forget your chainstore "almost likes". I can promise you won't be dissapointed.

Have a nice day,
Brian

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: