Re: Replacement Shirt for Willis & Geiger Balloon Cloth Shirt

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on August 04, 1999 at 15:32:53:

In Reply to: Replacement Shirt for Willis & Geiger Balloon Cloth Shirt posted by Abner on August 04, 1999 at 15:28:49:

: Now that Noel Howard is offering his reproduction I'm sure there isn't as much interest in the other shirt possiblitities, but I know the W&G Balloon Cloth shirt was a popular item and I thought I'd let all who wanted to get a Balloon Cloth Shirt for hot weather and can't now that W&G is out of business know that I've found a very similar shirt.

: It's the "Feather Cloth" shirt sold by the Filson Company. The fabric is very similar- extremely lightweight. The style is also a field shirt, but without epaulettes and button-up sleeves. The closest color is "Desert Tan" which is a very light tan with a hint of pink in it. A very nice looking shirt. So, if you were looking to get Balloon Cloth shirt for your next safari and can't I think this is a reasonable alternative.

: Filson: 1-800-624-0201

: Cheers,
: Abner

I'm sitting here wearing my W & G balloon shirt as I write this, and have to say if the Filson version is anywhere near as good, they have a great item. I'm still hopeful that we're still fighting the good fight to convince LandsEnd to carry the field gear of the now defunct Willis and Geiger. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]