Re: Replacement Shirt for Willis & Geiger Balloon Cloth Shirt

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by red four from oak-ts2-h2-50-147.ispmodems.net on August 04, 1999 at 22:18:54:

In Reply to: Replacement Shirt for Willis & Geiger Balloon Cloth Shirt posted by Abner on August 04, 1999 at 15:28:49:

: Now that Noel Howard is offering his reproduction I'm sure there isn't as much interest in the other shirt possiblitities, but I know the W&G Balloon Cloth shirt was a popular item and I thought I'd let all who wanted to get a Balloon Cloth Shirt for hot weather and can't now that W&G is out of business know that I've found a very similar shirt.

: It's the "Feather Cloth" shirt sold by the Filson Company. The fabric is very similar- extremely lightweight. The style is also a field shirt, but without epaulettes and button-up sleeves. The closest color is "Desert Tan" which is a very light tan with a hint of pink in it. A very nice looking shirt. So, if you were looking to get Balloon Cloth shirt for your next safari and can't I think this is a reasonable alternative.

: Filson: 1-800-624-0201

: Cheers,
: Abner

It is a very nice wearing shirt too. I've got mine on right now. It's light enough to wear on hot summer days with the sleeves rolled down! It was a great investment. The pockets are huge too. Not so good for an Indy shirt, but great to carry stuff around.

Funny thing, I was put on to Filson by the Willis & Geiger operator. They were out of my size in the Ballon cloth shirt and said Filson was a good alternative. They were right.

John D

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]