Re: Stuff you first thought about the Indiana Jones movies that you now is not true...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Neil S. Bulk from proxy-521.public.rwc.webtv.net on August 05, 1999 at 06:24:20:

In Reply to: Re: Stuff you first thought about the Indiana Jones movies that you now is not true... posted by ROB T. on August 04, 1999 at 23:59:29:

:
: And you know that scene where Marion comes accross all these mummies at the Well of the Souls and screams her ass off? I once thought those guys were skeletons of previous archeologists who tried to find the Ark before Indy. That actually made me like the movies better because Indy was way smarter than the other guys who tried to find artifacts.

: I don't think you're that far off when you say that the skeletons belonged to former archeologists. I mean they're obviously supposed to be a couple thousand years old so they wouldn't be archeologists in the same way that we see them now but since Harrison Ford describes Indy as a grave robber then he really is just like those guys only smarter. After all, the things he does while inside the Well of Souls can't be called archeology. What archeologist would tip over statues, set the place on fire, etc. So Indy did just what those guys did: he dug a hole, climbed in and tried to steal the Ark. He just managed to live through the ordeal where they did not.
: So I think you're right.

I think that the skeletons in the Well of the Souls are the remains of the people that hid the Ark down there. Wouldn't it make sense to sacrifice the people that hid it, so that it's location remains a secret?

Neil

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]