Re: David Morgan's Bullwhip

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Schulte from proxy7.cityweb.de on May 05, 1998 at 13:20:38:

In Reply to: Re: David Morgan's Bullwhip posted by Dan Borton on May 05, 1998 at 12:54:10:

: : I recently ordered a 10ft. Indiana Jones style bullwhip. David Morgan told me that they expect to ship by June 18th.
: : My question: How long did the delivery take?
: : I'll go to Belgium later in June for a longer time - see the problem...

: : Anyway, what do you do if the bullwhip gets wet? Just being curious. I remember Indy swimming through that Hovito River and nearly being killed by that water in the mines in ToD. I just wondered if they threw the old and 'used' whips away after that scenes (they probably did - they had enough whips).

: : Regards,

: : -Max

: Max, once the Item is shipped through UPS, it normally takes around 8 to 10 business days to arrive at your door. What you might want to do is inform David Morgan of your situation. If the shipping date is still June 18th you could have the whip shipped by over night or second Day delivery to save time. It will cost you a little more, but it might be worth it. You could also see if they could delay shipment until you return or ship to a friends or Family members address. Those are just a couple suggestions.

: There is no need to throw the whip away just because it gets wet. If it does though, wipe it down with a towel to get rid any excess water. Then just hang it up to dry or let it dry in its natural coil so the whip does not form any kinks in it the thong. Make sure its out of direct sunlight and away from any heat sources, then let it dry completely. After its thoroughly dry give it a heavy coating of a good leather dressing. Make sure you allow the dressing time to penetrate the leather though.. Hope this Helps

: Dan

Thank you very much, Dan. And also thanks to Michaelson and Dale for
their help. I remember the overnight-service. I think it costs
additional $20. I'll check it out as I will be away from the 26th and
so 8-10 days are by far too long.
Thanks for the info concerning the whipcare as well.
By the way, do you know if the whips where 'weathered'? The bullwhips
used in the movies are very dark compared to the new natural tan whips.
I know the jacket was artificially weathered. Dale already recommended
exposing the whip to dirct sunlight for a few hours. However, it would
be interesting how this distressment was done for the movies.
Thanks again...

Regards,

-Max

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: