Re: In the greater scheme of things does it really matter about the Raiders title change?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Goodsport from adsl-216-102-199-185.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net on August 05, 1999 at 15:34:42:

In Reply to: In the greater scheme of things does it really matter about the Raiders title change? posted by Indy Jones Fan on August 05, 1999 at 15:14:29:

: I was checking out the name change poll and was'nt too surprised to see that most people do not like the change from "Raiders of the Lost Ark" to "Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark". Sure it is kinda strange and annoying that Lucas would do this but instead of complaining about it we should all be very excited that the movies are being re-released. Let's be happy with what we ARE getting. The movies are going to be widescreen with THX enhanced audio/video and there will be interviews plus some behind the scenes footage(I think). The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles are also being released not to mention a new computer game and possibly action figures from Applause. This is the most Indy related activity we have seen for a long time. Sure there are rumored Indy IV plots and filming dates but this is real and is happening now. My only regret is that the trilogy is not being released on DVD(Lucas and Speilberg's refusal to release their big titles on DVD is a BIG sore spot for me). Personally I can't wait to watch the boulder chasing Indiana and hear the THX improved bass thundering from my subwoofer-no matter what the title on the box says.

: Regards, Indy Jones Fan

I don't like the title change, but if that's the only change they make (besides adding THX and making it widescreen), and they don't change the content of the movie, then I can accept it. :)

-G

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]