Re: Where the Scores Place

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean from iah17-28.barrie.connex.net on August 06, 1999 at 01:29:40:

In Reply to: Where the Scores Place posted by LAO CHE on August 05, 1999 at 17:42:23:

:
: Over at the Film Score Monthly Site, the opinion seems to state that Raiders is decent, Temple is one of William's Worst and Crusade is average. Being both a film score, and Indiana Jones fan, I would say that Raiders is one of the all time greats ( March, Map Room, Desert Chase, Marion's theme etc.. ), Temple is VERY effective and at times powerful ( MUST MAKE A EXPANDED RELEASE!!! )Crusade is good, but lacks the real defining pieces of the first two ( closest is the motorcycle scherzo ). All are classics and should be respected.
:

I couldn't agree more. I'm a huge John Williams fan and am amazed with each new film score how his talent is refined and sophisticated. I can't wait to see what he comes up with if there's an Indy 4. The `Phantom Menace' score is a testament to Williams, in that it proves he can return to a place musically that he hasn't visited in 15 + years and compose a brilliant and moving score that falls right in place...I would argue though that `Temple of Doom's' score seems a little out of place at times in the Indy music world. I think it has a lot to do with editing though. The sounstrack (on c.d.) is fine, but in the film there's some pretty jarring cuts, especially when the `Raiders March' ques up after Shorty torches Indy's side and they beat on the Thugees.
I would say that's my 2 cents worth, but it's so long it looks more like $2.
Cheers,
Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: