Re: Spielberg Won't Be Directing Jurassic 3

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by J from n098h002.remote.mun.ca on August 06, 1999 at 09:46:29:

In Reply to: Spielberg Won't Be Directing Jurassic 3 posted by Thuggee Bear on August 05, 1999 at 20:05:40:

Well, Spielberg said before "The Lost World: Jurassic Park" even came out that if there was a third movie, he'd hand it off to someone else. Since Spielberg is staying on as a producer and Joe Johnson seems to know his way around special effects movies, I'm looking forward to this one (it probably won't be AS great as the first two movies but it should still really good). Hopefully, Spielberg won't pull something similar with "Indy IV", though. He is the only one who should direct that movie (otherwise what's the point in adding to the series if the same people aren't involved?).

The only thing I'm wondering is where else can they go with the "Jurassic Park" series? They've had the dinosaurs in an amusement park, then in their own natural habitat and finally a T-Rex even got loose in a city (the amazing thing is that even though that part was only about 20 minutes long, it was better than just about anything in "Godzilla"). I guess they'll probably do something with the Terradactyl seen squaking at the end of "TLW" and maybe have even more dinosaurs getting off the island and running around populated areas.

Of course the first casting issue has to be to bring back Jeff Goldblum as Ian Malcolm (as the star or at LEAST a supporting role like in the first movie). I assume that Richard Attenburough (that's probably spelled wrong) will be back as John Hammond. I'd like to see Sam Neill and Laura Dern return as Alan Grant and Dr. Sattler too.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]