Re: To Ulla regarding danish

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ulla from 209.104.253.75 on August 06, 1999 at 09:54:35:

In Reply to: Re: To Ulla regarding danish posted by sas c|:) on August 06, 1999 at 05:36:46:

: : You are such a "wunderbar" person, Krede!! I only know a few words, and VERY simple phrases in German, but I
: : carry around my Berlitz "Englisch-Deutsch Worterbuch" with me (almost) wherever I go. NOTE on German in Indy
: : movies: ..."Auch, Schiest (?)" is a phrase most commonly used (especially when Indy is about to kill a Nazi). In "L.C."

: I think you mean "schießt" (that's with a "shar 's'"; if you don't have it on your keyboard you can always use two 's' instead -> "scheisst")

: : it comes right before, "DON'T CALL ME JUNIOR!!", and in "Raiders", you hear QUITE often in the eminent "truck
: : sequence". However, in the "televised" version of Raiders, it is replaced with "Auch Schwein"- oh pig, as of oh....
: : you get it.

: I remember "Schwein" one too, but do they really always say "auch"? "Auch" means also or too and does not make much sense here... I think I have to rewatch the movies soon :)

: : Sehr Gut!! Vielen Dank, und Bis Bald!!
: Wow, nearly perfect line :) Except one insignificant capitalization fault: "bis bald" is not capitalized. Your German is better than my English ;o)

: sas c|:)

I am so sorry sas c|:) ! (Is that your name?) like I said, I just noodle around in my little dictionary! Ohhh... don't those principals at schools know anything about the importance of language?! I WANNA learn German!! I want to travel! I want to be able to understand what Col. Vogel, Dietrich, and Gobler say in the trilogy!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]