Re: Hat Ribbon size in Raiders

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ...whiskey? from spider-tn082.proxy.aol.com on August 06, 1999 at 15:26:32:

In Reply to: Re: Hat Ribbon size in Raiders posted by Greg on August 06, 1999 at 11:42:53:

: As far as I know, they were both 39mm, but as I have mentioned before, if you want a slightly "wider 39mm" (still 39 but looks a bit bigger), go with the sawtoothed ribbon from Hyman Hendler. I have this on my older HJ and it looks OK, but I don't think it comes close to looking like the Raiders ribbon. I actually think the current ribbon from HJ looks a lot like the Raiders ribbon.

: Greg

Greg, Thanks again for the info. I'll probably stay away from that Hendler ribbon. I've spoken with quite a few places and have some samples coming to me in the 1 1/2 (39mm) size. Looking again at the movie, I can't say for sure that it really is wider, however, it definately looks darker to my eye than the current HJ ribbon.

According to Mr. Swales, that ribbon is the same exact ribbon they used for Last Crusade and Temple and while it looks to be about the same darkness as the Raiders band you must also consider that those two hats were slightly lighter therefore making the ribbon look darker. I'd say it's the same difference in shades, just lighter overall.

Of course, the ribbon in the first movie was also weathered with some lighter colors (browns, grays) adding to the appearance.

Add to all this the fact that the current HJ hat is a little darker than the movie hat.

What does all this mean? Beats me...I'll let you all know when I get the ribbon samples.
Regards
Tom

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: