Re: sphinx's secret

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brisco from fwk098144.res-hall.nwu.edu on May 06, 1998 at 09:46:43:

In Reply to: sphinx's secret posted by imperfect hero on May 06, 1998 at 08:52:28:

: simple question. okay maybe not so simple, but everyone, including me, has been so caught up with the fourth movie and new pc game that we seem to have forgotten the oldest medium... the book. where is secret of the sphinx?

"Indiana Jones and the Secret of the Sphinx," the last Indy novel by Max McCoy, WILL be published, but it's unclear when. There were delays because Lucasfilm had a problem with a time travel sequence where 1958 Indy travels back to help 1935 Indy, I think, and wanted McCoy to either cut it or rewrite it. Furthermore, the book is one of the last books under Bantam's old contract with Lucasfilm (they've lost all their Lucas licneses), so they're in no rush to get it out so as to drag out the cash cow for as long as possible. (All of this info comes from Max McCoy himself.) The change of Lucasfilm publishers from Bantam to [I don't know who the new one is] could be good news for us Indy fans. I know that Bantam had already decided to end their line of Indy books before losing the rights, but perhaps the new publisher will not feel the same way? Anyone know? What do you thinK?
Brisco

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]