Re: To Ulla regarding danish

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ulla from 209.104.253.88 on August 07, 1999 at 09:48:43:

In Reply to: Re: To Ulla regarding danish posted by sas c|:) on August 06, 1999 at 15:44:03:

: : : : Sehr Gut!! Vielen Dank, und Bis Bald!!
: : : Wow, nearly perfect line :) Except one insignificant capitalization fault: "bis bald" is not capitalized. Your German is better than my English ;o)

: : : sas c|:)

: : I am so sorry sas c|:) ! (Is that your name?) like I said, I just noodle around in my little dictionary! Ohhh... don't those principals at schools know anything about the importance of language?! I WANNA learn German!! I want to travel! I want to be able to understand what Col. Vogel, Dietrich, and Gobler say in the trilogy!!

: No reason to be sorry! Yes, it's part of my name (Sascha) + an Indy smiley. You seem to love languages so I am sure you will learn German :) I for myself are not that good with foreig languages, it took me 11 years during school to manage English...

: sas c|:)

If only I could find a teacher who could teach me German! Anyway, when it comes to Russian, I picked it up from the 007 movies, and two students on my swim team. "Strasti" is hello, "Das Vie Danya"- gee my spelling "lutschen" (?!) "Smiert Spionim"-death to spies, (obviously from James Bond, this phrase)
and "Sookin Sin"- Son of a B---h!
Anyway, I probably shouldn't even have gone into Russian, since my spelling is atrocious, and not that polite. Could you tell me, Sascha, what Col. Vogel says in Last Crusade after that classic "No ticket" line, and the Nazi gets thrown out? I'd be very "dankbar"!
If you live in Germany, (do you?) have you ever heard of an actor named Gotz (with an umlaut over the "O") Otto? He plays Stamper in a 007 flick, and I *ahem* "admire" him, but not as much as Indy!!
Let's see, I'm learning from my mistakes, so "Vielen Dank, und bis bald"!!!
-Ulla

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]