Indy Memorabilia

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ulla from 88.oak01.pon.net on August 07, 1999 at 10:14:49:

Guten Tag, Everybody!
I keep forgetting to mention this, but last summer I went to England. What's the big deal? You think. I'll tell you what it was. Anyone heard of "Cinema Stores?" These shops sell merchandise from films, posters, calendars, FIGURES (of plastic academy awards, though) and postcards. Well, for those of you who feel like splurging, (but perhaps live in London) I found the ToD and the "Crusade" storybooks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! However, I'm lacking the Raiders one. Has anyone ever seen shops like these in (preferably) California, USA?
They were atrocious pricing, about $30 each, (my wallet lost it's "baby fat") but (maybe) worth it. Also there were original posters of the Indy films from the 80's, but like 100 pounds! (170 bucks) They had ones that weren't so common, (like the one on the cover of the ToD novelization-the one of Indy looking awfully slim with vines wrapped around pillars in the background) but my advice would be to go to Disneyland or Disneyworld. Sure, they would be nice to display with a gilded frame on its edges, but $170?
Whatever you like.
Adventurously,
Ulla

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: