Re: Doktor Schneider and ME

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ulla from 209.104.253.95 on August 07, 1999 at 18:09:41:

In Reply to: Re: JA!!! posted by sas c]:) on August 07, 1999 at 16:32:04:

: : It is so nice to have pals who can teach me some German!

:
: : I have only one request: do you think you could put the translation after it ? That way, I can perhaps pick up new phrases and learn things!
: : Danke Shon! -(it's annoying that my 'boring' American keyboard doesn't have that double 's' letter or an umlaut!)
: Teachin lesson again ;-) It's "schoen" not "shon". I can't think of any use of "sh" in German right now, it's always "sch". And for the umlauts: You can always type "ae", "oe" and "ue" instead of the umlauts, it has the same meaning.

: : How do you say Adventurously in "Deutschland"?
: Adventure is "Abenteuer" that makes adventously "abenteuerlich". And one more thing: The German language is not only used in Germany. I for myself are from Austria.

: sas c|:)
: IJC :)

Thank you so much, Krede! Or should I say Danke schon! (should that be capitalized?) I know that German is also spoken in Austria, and am sorry I so carelessly never mentioned Elsa Schneider's (more importantly, YOUR) country! :-( Not to worry, hopefully. By the way, I JUST got that "Indiana Jones smiley" on your nick name. I am so "dumm"! VERY clever!
"Abenteuerlich,"
Ulla

Also, while we are speaking of Dr. Schneider, tomorrow, (Sunday) I have a swim meet >( . VERY stressful in my opinion. (Please wish me luck!) I'm doing this in case my sister wants to go on tonight until about 5' in the morning, and I also have to leave early tomorrow. Literally, excuse my German, but "SCHEISST!" You also are probably wondering WHAT this has to do with Elsa, and the answer is that in the movie novelization, when she and Indy are in the catacombs, he asks if she can swim. "1932 Austrian Swim Team. Took home silver for the 50 meters backstroke." Indy replies, "a simple yes or no would have sufficed!!"
I hope I get second place in SOMETHING.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]