Re: Ordered my Indiana Jones Clover lighter today!!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by red four from oak-ts1-h2-49-69.ispmodems.net on August 08, 1999 at 21:28:12:

In Reply to: Ordered my Indiana Jones Clover lighter today!!! posted by Jack Shannon on August 08, 1999 at 21:08:30:

: I ordered it from the studio. Even though it is not as important as the rest of the Indy gear, I am still excited for it to get here. Does anyone know if they come ready for use? Or do I have to do it myself? - Jack Shannon

Hi,

The lighter should come with a flint already installed, but get yourself some Zippo or Ronsonol lighter fluid. The lighter does come dry. After you fill it, let it sit for a little while, because if you carry it in your pocket, and lighter fluid gets on your leg, it HURTS. Pick yourself up some extra flints too, and store them under the foam covering the cotton wadding in the lighter. The flint will always fail when you don't have extras. I guess if you buy extras, the flint will last forever (something like that :-) ). Don't carry the lighter in the same pocket with keys or change, the paint scratches fairly easily. I carry mine in the little pocket on my MKVII bag.

The lighter was one of the first things I bought after finding the Forum. Its cheap, and really is a good replica. Be careful, this purchase may lead to buying Westeds, Aldens, and Herbert Johnsons! Be sure you can afford it.

Thanks,

John D

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: