Re: Indy 4 and Continuity

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ROB T. from 162.10.138.28 on August 09, 1999 at 03:03:13:

In Reply to: Indy 4 and Continuity posted by Nick Kismet on August 08, 1999 at 23:15:04:

Interesting dilemma. I don't think Indy IV will blow the other movies away although I can dream. Personally, when it comes to Indy chronology and continuity I only consider the movies to be the definitive source. I don't care for "Young Indy" (Too much of a history lesson, too little adventure) and I'm just now reading my first Indy novel.
However, if Indy IV really drops the ball I don't see how we can dismiss it as part of the Indy mythos. We can all give reasons why we don't consider the novels part of it (not written by Lucas) or "Young Indy" (TV shows don't count) but if we dismiss Indy IV just because we don't like it then we have to disregard the other movies as well.
Take "Star Wars" for example. Lots of people would like to forget all about "Phantom Menace" (myself included) but it's just as valid a part of the "Star Wars" legend as any of the other films.

By the way, I'd like to know why we're all so certain that Indy IV will fail to blow the other films out of the water. I've said before that there's no logical reason why the fourth film in a series has to be bad. All the ingredients are available to make a film that puts the first three to shame. More money will definately be spent. More big talent will be attracted to this project than most. Is there any actor or writer or crew member who would not want to be associated with Indy IV?
But history shows us that even with all that, Indy IV will most likely end up a shadow of its predecessors. And that's a damn shame.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]