Do you know any real-life Indiana Jones?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ROB T. from 162.10.138.28 on August 09, 1999 at 03:42:09:

This question has probably been asked before but I'm asking again anyway. Do you know anyone whom you'd say is like Indy? Now I don't mean someone who is into extreme sports or is a daredevil or gets into lots of fights or anything like that. I mean someone whose life seems to exemplify the best of what Indy stands for. I have known two people I would give as examples. I don't know either of these men well but I have had the pleasure of making their acquaintence.

First is Rev. Jim Anderson. This is probably the smartest man I've ever known. Sharp about history and archeology and theology. He was my guide on both my trips to Israel and has guided over 50 trips to the Holy land. Dr. Anderson is the president of Calvary Bible College and teaches aviation. Speaks several languages and was once a friend and adviser to Golda Meir who was Prime Minister of Israel. I don't think he'd do very well in a fight against the Nazis but otherwise he's a very Indy-like person.

Second is George Fithen. He was my teacher in a night school American History class I took a few years ago. George is a career Coast Guard man and has traveled the world and been on all seven continents. He chased drug smugglers on the open sea and rescued people from shipwrecks. Very different from Rev. Anderson but still in the Indiana Jones vein.

How about you guys? Tell us all about any real-life Indy's you've had the good fortune to know.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]