Re: I still have my player!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Neil S. Bulk from proxy-381.public.rwc.webtv.net on August 09, 1999 at 06:44:54:

In Reply to: Re: My old man used to have one of those video disc players! posted by Jamison on August 07, 1999 at 20:51:49:

As the header says, I still have my CED player, and I still have my Raiders CED disc. Not only does it have the Temple of Doom ad in the lower corner of the jacket, it has the theatrical teaser on the disc, before the film! If you're interested, you can probably buy a player cheap at ebay. You can also find quite a few movies for sale. My father has 3 players, and he has 2 copies of Raiders.

As for the discs skipping, I have a great story about that. I got Raiders as a Hannukah present in 1983 when it first came out, from my parents (they were divorced at the time, but they got the disc for me together). Anyway, this then 7 year old was very excited and couldn't wait to watch the film, and to see my (still) all time favorite stunt, Indy going underneath the truck. Long story short, there was a skip just as Indy goes underneath, and it lasted until he was being dragged behind the truck. I was devastated. I burst into tears. Fortunately we were able to exchange the disc, and the next one (which I still have) plays fine.

Neil

: Wow, I own a piece of history that seemed to a piece of crap. Anyway, I'm glad I bought it. I don't think anyone would really want to buy it but it does have a really cool picture on front of the disk. I can't believe I have never heard of the format though. I keep up with home theater as much as I can, but hell, this is new to me.

: I wonder how much one of these players would have cost when they were in their prime? I also wonder how much a movie would cost in this format in their prime? If anyone knows I would love to hear about it. I have this huge disk here and I want to know about it's history.

: Luckily I didn't have to get shot in the arm or dragged under a truck to get it, but still - I would like to know more about this disk I have. Tell me about it if you have any info.

: Jamison

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]