Re: Indy 4 and Continuity

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by J from n098h084.remote.mun.ca on August 09, 1999 at 12:54:04:

In Reply to: Re: Indy 4 and Continuity posted by Thuggee Bear on August 09, 1999 at 11:08:27:

I agree with you for the most part. I'd like to see some of the supporting characters return, but not just for the sake of bringing them back. That would be really pointless. There must be a plausible reason for those characters to return. It would be simple to do for Sallah or Indy's father. If they decide to bring back someone like Marion, though, they might be asking for trouble. I'm not entirely opposed to it, but it would be a VERY difficult thing to do without looking like a re-hash of the original. Bringing her back would also break the unwritten rule of Indy having a different girlfriend in each movie. The plot should DEFINITELY stand on its own. "The Last Crusade" made a very nice, little reference to "Raiders Of The Lost Ark". The next movie should keep any references to past adventures along those lines.

Of course, the easiest way to tell if they were just doing "Indy IV" as a "reunion movie", as you put it, would be if it had one of these titles:

"Indiana Jones And The Return Of The Lost Ark"
"Indiana Jones And The Return To The Temple Of Doom"
"Indiana Jones And The Very Last Crusade"

And finally:

"Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade For The Lost Ark In The Temple Of Doom".

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]