Re: Vogels words after "no ticket"

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by sas c|:) from info.tuwien.ac.at on August 10, 1999 at 00:54:29:

In Reply to: Re: Vogels words after "no ticket" posted by Anejo Joe on August 09, 1999 at 19:22:30:

: : : Ulla asked for themand maybe others have wondered too.
: : : I rewatched the part when Indy throws Vogel out of the zeppelin and must say that Michael Byrne (the actor) has a terrible accent in this scene and the sound is very bad (the zeppelin is much louder that the actor). But here what he says: "Sie werden noch mal von mir hören!" (You will hear from me again!)
: : : And now in comparison what he says in the German translation of Last Crusade: "Sie werden noch von mir hören! Haben sie verstanden!" (You will hear from me again! Do you understand!)

: : : sas c|:)
: : : IJC ;o)

: : Thank you so much for going to the trouble to find this out! Yes, it isn't surprising that Byrne's accent isn't the most accurate. He's English-perhaps a British trying to do a German accent is too much. Thanks again.
: : Adventurously, "Abenteuerlich",
: : Ulla

:
: My college German teacher would have liked the phrasing of the German version much better!

And he is absolutly right. But then again if we judge the fact that Vogel has been dumped from a zeppelin into a pile of luggage he may not have bben in a temper to choose smart words :)

sas c|:)
IJC ;o)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: