Re: good Indy novel?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Nick Kismet from 209.210.100.54 on August 10, 1999 at 01:35:07:

In Reply to: good Indy novel? posted by ...whiskey? on August 09, 1999 at 21:05:56:

Good Indy novel? There aren't any.
However, a few of them are mildly entertaining.
Let's see, which would I recommend.
Without hesitation, Indiana Jones and the Hollow Earth by Max McCoy.
Unfortunately, to completely appreciate the story, you must also read Philosopher's Stone (Which isn't too bad) and Dinosaur Eggs (which I really didn't care for-- seriously, why can't McCoy remember that Indy's eyes ARE blue?)
The Rob MacGregor books suffer a similar problem--recurring characters that require you to read several books to fully understand.
Read Dance of the Giants and Seven Veils consecutively. They are pretty good and work well together.
Also, despite the fantasy nature of the artifact, Unicorn's Legacy isn't too bad either, though it leads into Interior World which is too weird for Indy.
As for the others...
Well, opinion on the forum is varied regarding Martin Caidin. I felt that Sky Pirates kept building towards being a good story...and kept building and building...
White Witch has some pretty good action, and is worth looking at. One thing I will say to Caidin's credit- His Indy is the most confident of the bunch. McCoy's is too juvenile, and MacGregor's seems rather immature.

Okay, now it's time to blow my own horn.
Read The Golden Voyage of Indiana Jones, available only at the link below.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]