Shirt color is pretty close to ToD version, but bottons are different.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by azuma from h102.s96.ts.hinet.net on August 10, 1999 at 07:58:39:

In Reply to: Re: Noel Howard Indy Shirt - some info/queries... posted by Sean on August 10, 1999 at 03:05:14:

: : Reiger, you said in a post that the epaulettes seemed a bit to the front. I found this also, so I don't think it's your build. I've yet to see a good pic of the original that doesn't suggest that the epaulettes are supposed to be that way. Check out the Raiders Gallery on this site - page 2 - which shows a few movie shots with the shirt.

: : Does anyone who owns the shirt feel that the colour is not "khaki" or "stone" enough? From what I can see from the movies and photos, the shirt should be a little less beige. The only thing is I do feel that the shirt in Raiders differs slightly from LC. Maybe I'm wrong. It's also a fact that with a few washes (which I think the new Indy shirt needs) it will fade in colour slightly and the material will become more supple and worn in looking.

: : After all this though, I do think the shirt is still perfect.

: : Regards to all,
: : Brian

: Hi Brian:
: As to the colour of the shirt; it really does depend what kind of light you are in. I've also seen some "candid" behind the scenes photos from the films and the shirt looks more khaki like. I suppose that the harsh lighting they use in films would absolutely change the colour on screen. I'm positive that Noel Howard just didn't use any old fabric that MBA had laying around; he took the time to find a cloth which is probably as close to the original patterns as he could get. At least I assume that, or you'd think the shirt would've been available right away. I'm a little nervouse about washing it right now, let us know how it turns out!
: Cheers,
: Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: