Re: King Solomon's Mines

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lao Che from 12.new-york-03-04rs.ny.dial-access.att.net on August 10, 1999 at 16:49:15:

In Reply to: Re: King Solomon's Mines posted by Michaelson on August 10, 1999 at 09:11:05:

: : You're a bit off in your dating. The book upon which the movie was based was published in 1885. Therefore, it cannot be a spoof of Indiana Jones.

: : :
: : : The 1985 obvious spoof on Raiders, with Richard Chamberlain, Sharon Stone, Herbert Lom and JOHN RHYS-DAVIES. Despite its share of camp, this film is very fun, and stands on its own as a very good adventure flick, though the seguel ( Lost City of Gold ) stinks. Being a Indy die hard, I must give "Mines" some respect in the spirit of true cinema adventure.

: He is speaking of the movie, not the book, which did indeed come out in 1985. I agree, they never intended to take themselves seriously either, so it made the movie, even it's sequel, just a fun movie experience. The Mummy was a slicker project than the two King Solomon movies of the 80's, but still, they are all just plain fun entertainment. Regards. Michaelson

: Interesting, I didn't know the book was published in 1885. Most of my friends who like the Indy films also enjoy this film(s), glad to know there is other interest as well.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]