Thanks

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dan Borton from pm085-04.dialip.mich.net on May 06, 1998 at 22:10:39:

In Reply to: Re: Solution Dan! posted by Michaelson on May 06, 1998 at 09:45:21:

: : Hey Dan,
: : I told Michaelson of the pear shaped dilema, here is what he had to say:

: : "The original hat is creased front to back. You can reshape the pinch easily on a fur felt but heavily wetting the felt at the pinch, then rehaping to the shape you want. When you get that shape, set hat on it't crown, or hang from a hall tree and allow to dry naturally. Works every time! I didn't see your post. Thanks. Regards."

: : I might try it later, but for now, I think the hat is just fine for my taste. Later Dan,

: : Nick
: I actually thought to try this on a pre-creased hat after a phone conversation with ol' IndyJonez. He asked why I couldn't recrease a precreased hat. I didn't have an answer, so I tried it on my old Broner, which looks EXACTLY like the Temple before reshaping. It worked perfectly after the wetting, then drying, taking the reshape and holding it to date. Sometimes just talking to others makes your head work to solutions. Regards. Michaelson

Nick, Michaelson, Thanks for the info, I have reshaped the crown on my old wool felt hat with pretty good success. I knew I could do it to the Stetson hat, but that hat is more like a collectable. I don’t want to mess around with it.

Dan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]