Posted by DeWayne from ppp412.elkgrove.net on August 11, 1999 at 02:45:26:
In Reply to: A Tom Selleck question...Please respond. posted by ROB T. on August 11, 1999 at 02:17:36:
: We all know that Tom Selleck was almost chosen to play Indy in "Raiders." What I'd like to know is how you think this would have affected the film. If everything else had been the same. Same costars. Same script. Same director. Same camera angles. Literally everything exactly the same except exchange Tom Selleck for Harrison Ford.
: Would the movie still have been a hit?
: Would there have been sequels?
: Would we think of Tom Selleck as Indiana Jones?
: Would there be an uproar if they wanted to later replace Tom with Harrison Ford for a sequel?
: Would we still be talking about "Raiders" all these years later?
: Would Tom have become a star on the magnitude that Harrison is now?
Not facts, but truth acording to Capt.DeWayne Blumburtt
1. Yes,but not as big,or as memorable.
3. I guess we wouldnt have a choice.
4. Not from me,but of course,a large part of my fondness for Harrison is because he is Indy.
5. The reason some of us are here is because of the Indy costume, which Harrison helped design himself.So...
6. Don't get me wrong(Tom kicked corrupt cop butt in "An Innocent Man",a guilty pleasure of mine)but he's less charismatic and less physical.I would have to say no.
See ya! DeWayne
Post a Followup: