Re: Does Harrison Ford look too old to play Indy anymore? See for youself...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-139.COL.cableone.net on August 11, 1999 at 11:57:40:

In Reply to: Re: Does Harrison Ford look too old to play Indy anymore? See for youself... posted by Nick Kismet on August 11, 1999 at 02:53:31:

: Ummm...yeah, I think he does look too old. It's time we all accept a certain basic fact. Harrison Ford does not want to play Indiana Jones as badly as we want him to. He is a professional who is earning money. Though he has stated his interest in returning to the Indiana Jones series, I think that is more about PR than anything else. And the more time that passes, the more unlikely it is that his interest in an IndyIV will grow. Personally, I think that aother IJ movie will be as elusive as the treasures Indy seeks.

Personally I don't think that Ford is too old to play Indy again. Connery has done movies that are action type movies, and Ford certainly seems capable. With this being said, I have a sneaking suspicion that we will never see another Indy movie. I do hope I am wrong. Perhaps Spielberg and Lucas will realize that my generation-the baby boomers need some encouragement now that we are no longer youthful in appearance, and will realize that we are a huge market to go after. Thar's gold in them thar hills! Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]