Grail Diary Thoughts

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Adam from ra210samac.pcs.ohio-state.edu on August 12, 1999 at 09:06:15:

A Quick Preface
I started visiting this site about 2 years ago, but I eventaully began cutting down my visits to maybe once a month, just to see what's been going on. I came up with an idea a little bit ago that I've been kicking around, and I figured that I'd post it here and see what the response is.

The Problem
I know some of you have made your own Grail Diaries, and some of them from what I've seen are pretty impresive (tips hat to Indy Magnoli). Unfortunetly the number of people who would like to purchase one, greatly exceeds the number of them out there. And for some of us, the prospect of making our own Diary is too daunting a task. Enter my idea.

The Idea
I propose that some folks get together and create some sort of Adobe Acrobat PDF file for others to look at. Sort of a "How To" if you will. I work in a college computer lab, so I have access to color scanners, Adobe Photoshop, and a host of other software, so I would be willing to put it together. It could include the actual pages so people could see how it is put together, or actual drawings in printable form so people could copy them. Not to mentions tips on "aging the book", and sketching. The problem is (and always has been) that I haven't been able to put together enough material to really do the Diary justice. If some people would like to volunteer, I'd gladly do what I could.

Future Possibilites
Once we put the Diary together, who says we could stop there. We know Indy has a diary (we saw it in Raiders, and throughout the YIJC) we could put together some info on that too.

Conclusion
I know this sort of thing could take a long time to do, without any real benfit, except to help out the IJ community. And at this point it is all in the "what-if" zone. But if someone would like to take me up on this offer...

Thoughts, comments, questions...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]