Re: Is Harrison too old to shoot Indy IV as late as 2005? No. Here's why...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Man with the Hat from port182.maxc04.bignet.net on August 12, 1999 at 10:28:32:

In Reply to: Re: Is Harrison too old to shoot Indy IV as late as 2005? No. Here's why... posted by Sean on August 12, 1999 at 03:02:25:

: : Something that occured to me and which I think is quite plausable.

: : Perhaps Lucasfilm are gambling on the fact that they (or ILM, I suppose) will have developed the technology in the next few years to fully create a complete Indiana Jones using computers. They could make him any age they wanted!

: : My initial reaction to such a thought was "no way!" but considering the pace at which this field is evolving, in a few years we won't be able to tell the difference between animation and the real thing.

: : If this is the case, why not put Indy in the prime of his life rathar than risk a dodgy Indy IV with the aged Harrison Ford? (I know this notion will be opposed with the distinction between Harrison Ford and Indiana Jones to some as a very thin line...)

: : Cheers,

: : Rob
: : ---

: Hi Rob:
: George Lucas is on record as saying that the first "human" CGI character won't be seen in his life-time...Whew!!!
: Cheers,
: Sean

Hi---
Actually, there were human CGI characters in "Titanic." They were shown from a distance on tracking shots of the ship i.e. people walking on the deck, etc.

See ya,

The Man with the Hat

"Fortune and Glory, Kid. Fortune and Glory."

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: