I added your directions to Indygear(nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Abner from user-2ive8aa.dialup.mindspring.com on August 12, 1999 at 16:51:11:

In Reply to: Thanks, Satipo(nm) posted by Abner on August 12, 1999 at 16:49:58:

: : Here are the directions for getting to Noel Howard's company. I'm currently looking up the directions to Wested Leather, although I have driven past it by chance a couple of times as its only 15 minutes from where I live. I'll post those directions once I'm clear about them.

: :
: : M. B. A. Costumes is located in Goodyear House at 52-56 Osnaburgh Street. The nearest station on the London Underground is Great Portland Street. This is on the Hammersmith & City, Metropolitan and Circle lines (on the map these lines are coloured pink, purple and yellow, respectively). Great Portland Street station is situated at the north end of Great Portland Street where it meets Marylebone Road. This is in central London, so a One Day Travelcard covering zones 1-4 will suffice (at present this costs 4 pounds).

: : Once you exit the station, you need to cross Marylebone Road. This is the wide and often busy main road running west to east, just north of the station. On the other side of the road, directly opposite Great Portland Street, you will see a fork of two roads. The large one on the left is Albany Street, the smaller one on the right, that you can easily see the end of, is Osnaburgh Street. Goodyear House is about halfway up on the right-hand side of the road. You will have to look
: : carefully, as I can't remember whether the building is clearly marked "Goodyear House" or not. I can't remember exactly how I found the building, but I do remember looking out for the numbers 52-56. It might be that I spotted the address on the intercom at the main door, as I was checking these as well. Anyway, it is not very difficult to find if you are vigilant.

: : When you are there, you have to announce your arrival to the receptionist via the intercom and the company is located on the fifth floor - quite a walk, I found, unless you happen to spot the lift, which I didn't until I'd reached the top. On the correct floor there are two sets of old-fashioned wooden doors that you need to go through in order to enter the reception area. You can see the reception desk through the glass panes of these doors and the receptionist will open them from the inside before you can enter.

: : I'd advise everyone to arrange an appointment with Noel Howard beforehand, rather than just turn up on the off-chance, as they are a busy company.

: : Adios,

: : Satipo

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: