grail diary and the temple of the forbidden eye

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michael from ABD064A8.ipt.aol.com on August 12, 1999 at 23:09:06:

>>>I know this sort of thing could take a long time to do, without any real benfit, except to help out the IJ
community. And at this point it is all in the "what-if" zone. But if someone would like to take me up on
this offer...

Thoughts, comments, questions... <<<

i think a grail diary would be a great idea. the first step would be for people who have the diary that came with the LC adventure game to scan those pages in (parhaps in aformentioned PDF format), and then talk about what they have included as extras, and their sources (i know they've done this before). then move on to weathering techniques...

as for the person inquiring about the temple ride, it has a pretty faithful back story. i will try to explain it another time (or email me for it), but the quick synopsis is that it takes place in India in 1935, and indy brings sallah along to handle the tourists that flood into the area while he's excavating. there's all sorts of little details, and references to the 3 movies. my favourite was passing the coronado life ring that was at the dock on the jungle cruise side...

and to tie it all together, i was attempting to make a "temple" diary of the various artwork and inscriptions of the ride, compiling things along the way. promotional materials, photographs i took, sneaking into the queue before it was open to the public, even snagging a training manual all contributed to my decent collection of artwork involving "Mara," the deity that is worshipped in the temple. alot of it is remarkably authentic looking, especially when comparing it to ancient south asian items in museums. well, someday i'll get the rest of the stuff, but for now i'll just have to be content with making a pale imitation of henry jones' diary.

and THAT's why i'd appreciate instructions on how to make my own diary and weather it properly...

Michael

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]