Re: Toys McCoy Indy

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Professor Jones from 198.30.143.233 on August 13, 1999 at 10:49:41:

In Reply to: Toys McCoy Indy posted by Covenant on August 13, 1999 at 04:51:44:

: I'm new to this forum but I sought it out because I'm a big Indy fan. I recently bought the Toys McCoy Indy Action Figure and let me tell everyone out there that this is not a toy, it's a work of art! I had heard about this Indy figure about 2 years ago when a friend of mine spotted a prototype in a toy show in Japan. I had been waiting forever to finally get my hands on one and when I finally got the chance I was astonished at the price. The other Toys McCoy figures (Steve McQueens) originally sold for much less but I really believe that they have outdone themselves with Indy.

: First off, the body is a G.I. Joe Classic Collection body so it's sturdy enough for any kind of play. The body was licensed and bought from Hasbro Japan for this exclusive edition. Toys McCoy has made other limited editions and has never produced more toys later so the 3000 is all there's gonna be.

: The stitching on the clothing is incredible! You will not find any toy in the market that has this fine quality stitching. Each Indy is lovingly hand-crafted with no detail overlooked.

: The S&W revolver is die-cast metal and features a spinning cylinder as well as a working hammer. It's fantastic!

: You guys seem to be the experts as far as knowing exactly what Indy wears and I'm sure there are a few mistakes in the Toys McCoy figure's gear but just imagine trying to put something like this together by yourself. Just finding all the materials and accessories and having someone custom-tailor the clothes would run you a few hundred bucks anyway.

: I know there are those who will never open their Indy and pose him because it's impossible to get the accessories out of the package without tearing the insert, but I just couldn't resist. I couldn't wait to get him out of his prison and out in the open air of my office. I hope that all of you who ordered this fantastic toy appreciate what a great treasure this really is.

I'm still waiting to receive mine and I envy those of you who have
already received theirs. I'll probably resist opening it for a little
while, but the kid in me may get the better of my judgment and I'll
open it... let you know.

Regards,
Professor Jones

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments: