A comparison...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on August 13, 1999 at 11:41:51:

In Reply to: Noel Howard Indy Shirt - some info/queries... posted by Brian on August 10, 1999 at 01:41:16:

: Reiger, you said in a post that the epaulettes seemed a bit to the front. I found this also, so I don't think it's your build. I've yet to see a good pic of the original that doesn't suggest that the epaulettes are supposed to be that way. Check out the Raiders Gallery on this site - page 2 - which shows a few movie shots with the shirt.

: Does anyone who owns the shirt feel that the colour is not "khaki" or "stone" enough? From what I can see from the movies and photos, the shirt should be a little less beige. The only thing is I do feel that the shirt in Raiders differs slightly from LC. Maybe I'm wrong. It's also a fact that with a few washes (which I think the new Indy shirt needs) it will fade in colour slightly and the material will become more supple and worn in looking.

: After all this though, I do think the shirt is still perfect.

: Regards to all,
: Brian

The epaulettes (is that spelled right?) are located on the Noel Howard at the exact same location as my Willis and Geiger balloon safari field shirt. We all know that W & G is one of the originators of this type safari shirt. The epaulettes are definately forward of the shirt shoulders, and not located on top of the shoulder as most copies seem to be. These are for function, not show. They were designed to keep rifle straps, canteen straps, and shoulder bags from slipping forward on an individuals arm/shoulder when in motion. If the strap were on the top of the shoulder, it would create a very uncomfortable bulge on the shoulder should a heavy item be carried there, as the epaulette being forward of the shoulder would not be in the way. The MBA Noel Howard shirts are made on this same principle and design. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]