Re: HJ questions

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ...whiskey? from spider-tn042.proxy.aol.com on August 13, 1999 at 17:20:11:

In Reply to: Re: HJ questions posted by Steve on August 13, 1999 at 09:42:06:

Hi,

I've just had HJ's current hat in my hands so let me fill you in. The ribbon on the current hat offering is not the very dark, almost black Petersham...it is a dark chocolate brown ribbon that does not look black at all. The ribbon, according to Mr. Swales is the EXACT ribbon they used in LC. Also I believe the current hat to be the same as the LC hat. (although in some scenes the LC hat appears to have a narrower brim)

The standard bash on the current HJ is a center dent and shaped very much like the LC hat. The felt is fairly pliable, though and I would imagine that in some of those pics you've seen (in particulat the Indy's Diggs pics) whatever is supporting the hat may have made the center dent look less like a real dent.

The inside does indeed have the red logo.

As for the color of the hat, I'd say the pics on Indy's Diggs are closest to the actual color. To my eye it is a touch dark for LC and a bit too dark for most of TOD. it's about right for Raiders, though that hat had quite a bit of weathering so it is difficult to tell.

BTW, Mr. Swales can give the hat either the standard bash like in LC or TOD or more of a "pinch" like in Raiders.

hope this info helps
Regards
Tom

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: