Re: Dometakis "horror stories" anyone?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean from iah17-122.barrie.connex.net on August 16, 1999 at 05:49:09:

In Reply to: Dometakis "horror stories" anyone? posted by DeWayne on August 15, 1999 at 18:59:30:

: : Has anybody successfully gotten an Indy shirt from andre Dometakis?

: : Matt
: A few days ago, someone said that there are some "horror stories" about dealing with Dometakis. I replied but now I can't find it. So I don't know if anyone answered it. So if anyone knows any, please do tell.
: See ya! Capt. DeWayne Blumburtt

Hi:
I believe I was the one who mentioned the "horror" stories. To be fair to Mr. Dmetakis, I've never personally ordered a shirt from him. The reason though, is because of the information I've culled in researching the outfit, I've not heard one positive story.
Now granted, and to quote another Spielberg movie, I was merely "standing on the backs of genius'" when I made the comment about horrow stories, but not one source said they had received the shirt. To top it off, if anyone had received the shirt it took YEARS (literally) to get it, and there was no review of it posted by anyone who had.
I would anticipate that there are some copies made by Mr. Doemtakis are floating around in our ranks, so I'd like to hear the positive stories now. For the record, it was my understanding that Mr. Dometakis was slow to fill "orders," extremely unfriendly to deal with, very unwilling to help and to top it all off, expensive.
However, I can't say this without re-iterating that I've never personally dealt with him before, just read enough of the so-called "horror" stories to want to avoid the hassle.
So now I'll throw it out to all of you wonderful people - who has a Dometakis shirt, and what are your stories?
Cheers,
Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: