Re: Leather Dressing

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dan Borton from pm085-04.dialip.mich.net on May 07, 1998 at 23:38:18:

In Reply to: The Second Coming of the Jacket posted by Micah on May 07, 1998 at 17:12:44:

: I got mine today as well. The postman left a yellow slip yesterday saying I could pick up the jacket at 8am this morning at the earliest. I was there when the doors opened...

: I ripped open the package and took a big whiff. Great scent...

: Michaelson's got the right idea. This beauty should age gracefully. BTW, What exactly is a leather dressing? The only dressings I'm familiar with are the wound, turkey and salad varieties.

: --Micah

Hi Micah, Leather Dressing is just a generic term. Basically its an oil or grease based lubricant, natural or synthetic used on Leather. It keeps leather in good condition, extending its life span. It helps preserves the leather by coating the fibers allowing them to bend and move without friction and breaking. It keeps leather products from drying out by maintaining a desirable level of moisture in the leather, by replacing the natural oils, which can dry out over time with normal wear, mistreatment or exposure to the elements. I use it on my whips, boots, belts, ect. pretty much anything leather. Its available by various companies at most leather shops. Hope this helps.

Dan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]