Re: Possible reasons for the contradictions of Indy's flying skills

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on August 16, 1999 at 09:07:04:

In Reply to: Possible reasons for the contradictions of Indy's flying skills posted by Brett (Yasim) Lambert on August 16, 1999 at 06:59:49:

: As you all know, in Tod Indy says he can't fly at all, and in LC, he can fly but he can't land. Also, in one Young Indy episode (Attack of the Hawkmen, I think), he can fly and land perfectly.

: Now, on Saturday, me and my friend Ben were talking about contradictions in the SW novels in relation to the movies, and I brought up the contradiction of Indy's flying skills. Now, Ben doesn't know the Indy series quite like we do, but he says that people can learn the skill of flying and can lose it over time if you don't fly in years. I guess that could make sense, he doesn't fly for some years in between Hawkmen and Temple of Doom, and then in between Temple and Last Crusade he might've practised some flying in between. Also, Ben is now a licensed glider pilot so I guess he would know a thing or two about the skills of flying.

: Anyways, how does this theory sound?

You're friend is absolutely correct. I heard the same statement made in a "Governmental Policies in Aviation Systems" class here just a couple of weeks ago, made by the chairman of the Aviation Systems department. He stated that it wasn't like riding a bicycle. If you don't keep the hours up, you literally have to start all over again. Excellent point made here. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]