Oil it?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Abner from 204.164.199.89 on August 17, 1999 at 10:25:40:

In Reply to: Re: WOW! posted by Tim (London) on August 17, 1999 at 08:06:34:

: : : Sorry it was such a long time coming...I finally got access to a slide scanner so the picture is now up!

: : : Cheers,
: : : Abner

: : WOW! I've had my predistressed Raiders for about a year now, and its much, MUCH darker then yours. I suppose it could just be "luck of the draw" as far as the skins used in the jackets (I know Peter goes to great length to match the skins), but again, WOW. I can see why you went with the new finish on your second. I should be receiving my second jacket either today or tomorrow - LC with predistressed finish, cotton lining. I'll be curious to see how it looks. I've always thought that if I ever ordered a third, it would be an original Raiders with new finish and satin lining.

:
: Totally agree with Patterson as my distressed Raiders is much darker than this LC jacket. Saying that though, I saw a pre-distressed jacket in the Wested shop that was very light and this was also a LC version.
: I have been told that some "hide foods" will darken a jacket a bit, and do the leather good...!

: Tim (London)...

That's dissappointing to think this jacket's color might have been a fluke. I wonder if the pre-distressed Raiders versions are all darker than the pre-distressed LC version? I'm going to try and get some mink oil or something to darken the leather a bit. For the next jacket I order, I think I'd like to get lambhide without the pre-distressing process, as I have heard that is what was used for the film. (LC)
Cheers,
Abner

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: